February 14, 2008

For my wife on Valentine's Day

February 14, 2008
Three poems of love from the Sufi poet Rumi:
The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.
__________________________

When I am with you, we stay up all night,
When you're not here, I can't get to sleep.
Praise God for these two insomnias!
And the difference between them.

__________________________

Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy,
absentminded. Someone sober
will worry about things going badly.
Let the lover be.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love you too. xxxoooxxx

Den said...

These triple x comments make me uncomfortable.

Mama T said...

This is beautiful... I love it..

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates