October 5, 2007

Cruisin'

October 5, 2007
Woo-hoo! My new bike came yesterday. I wrestled with the awful instructions (which seemed to cover a variety of bike models, none of which resembled mine to any great degree), got most of the parts attached (some correctly), and took my first spin around the block. What fun! The kids and I are looking forward to riding up to the library together on Saturday for our first family bike ride. If I lived in Kirksville where I work, I'd probably get rid of our second van and ride all the time.

The bike is a single speed retro beach cruiser, complete with removable front basket for errands, cushy spring-loaded seat for my delicate heinie, and a bike horn from Dennis and Andrea that is truly a thing of beauty. I'll post some pictures soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I so relate to this! I almost cancel my blog between each and every entry for all these reasons. I like the way you put it. Blogging is just one little dip in my well.

Bob said...

Once again you make me aware of the fact that I secretly desire to be you.

Ink Flinger said...

Serenity--I hope you keep "dipping"! I always enjoy what you bring up.

Bob--You're out of your mind. :-)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! You will have loads of fun with your kids. Tom

Unknown said...

Hey this is other matt. I have a singlespeed too. Mines kinda the polar opposite of yours though. Mine is a hardtail mountainbike with an ass-hatchet for a seat and 29" wheels. Its no fun to ride on the street, the cog keeps you spinning like a fitness freak after a twinkie binge, but on the trail its a blast. I've built a mile long loop out in the woods to ride it on.

Miss you guys. If you are ever down this way we'll have to wander out in the woods. Its beautiful here.

 
Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates